Sunday 11 November 2018

Plain and Simple

That's it my Christmas cards for 2018 are completed and I can start on January's birthday cards from Monday.

Have had a really busy week again this week, Dad at hospital, car service (yearly trip to Birmingham for the day, yippee !!!) I just love yearly car service day.  Dad shopping and Daughter at hospital. 

The card I'm featuring today is a plain and simple one, with some of it being retired product which can be swapped out for current product.

The card base is 10.5 x 14.5 cm and the Whisper White matting is 10 x 14 cm with the bottom 9 cm embossed with the pinewood planks an gently rubbed across with the memento ink. Next the dsp is cut to 2" x 10 cm (sorry for the mixture of metric and imperial) and attached above the planks. The retired satin ribbon is attached and the black cord placed over it to finish off the matting. Both the heart and happy birthday are die cut and attached (I used tombo glue with a sponge to attach the happy birthday and dimensions for the heart to which I added a red rhinestone.  The last thing I did was create a computer generated sentiment and die cut this using the tailored tag punch once cut I trimmed it down slightly and die cut a second tag in black and layered them together, then placed it as seen in the photo.


The materials used are:
® = retired, (sab) = Sale-A-Bration (nsu) = not stampin’ up

Colours: Basic Black, Black Foil, Poppy Parade, Whisper White DSP: It’s My Party ® Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Embossing Folder: Pinewood Planks Ribbon: Black Cord, Stitched Satin ® Thinlits: Happy Birthday Framelits: Stitched Labels Punches: Tailored Tag Accessories: Basic Red Rhinestones

Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment