Friday 6 April 2018

High Tide meets Guy Greetings

Well I'm a day early this week as tomorrow I've got a lot to do, so here goes.

I got the High Tide stamp set some time ago thinking it was one I'd use a lot, but as it's turned out I don't use it as much as I thought I would. 

We have friends who live in Bristol, and it was his birthday a couple of weeks ago so I thought a nautical theme might go down well. I don't think there is a lighthouse at Bristol but hey ho, there you go.

I used the seaside embossing folder for the background, then wound some bakers twine round it. I thought the placing of the elements was very easy as the stamps all clearly go where they're supposed to, except the water, so I stamped and cut out a second lighthouse onto a sticky note to cover the main lighthouse before stamping the sea.

There are a lot of cards like this one on Pinterest so I can't really say who the inspiration came from, but I do enjoy browsing through other peoples cards, they are all lovely. So thank you all for sharing.

Must go now as I said at the beginning I'm really busy this weekend.


The materials used are:
® = retired, (sab) = Sale-A-Bration (nsu) = not stampin’ up

Card stock: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Smokey Slate, Soft Sky
Stamp sets: Guy Greetings, High Tide
Embossing folders: Seaside
Accessories: Bakers Twine

Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment