Saturday 31 March 2018

Oh So Eclectic Monochrome

Hello it's nice to see you, as I know you got here by mistake. When I was setting up the blog I missed the p out of stampin so my blog address is craftystamin.blogspot.co.uk, I didn't realise straight away so I'm stuck with it unless you have a way round it. If so please help.

I love card making and feel that once a card is sent, it's lost to me for ever so this is my way of keeping a track on what I've done in the past. And it also gives me an outlet for my computer skills or lack there of.

I just adore monochrome cards, at least I think this is a monochrome card? I looked it up in the dictionary and it says one colour, but surely there needs to be a base colour to put your colour onto, so here is my version. I was tempted to put just a splash of colour but refrained, which is good for me as I'm not usually able to resist.

As for the Designer Series Paper (DSP) it's quite old and I still have a full pack of it to use up so if anyone out there needs a pack let me know.

It was quite simple to make, I stamped the leaves onto very vanilla card stock (CS), scored lines down that side of the card then adhered the DSP on the right side with a strip of taffeta ribbon down the join finishing off with a small bow. I then stamped the flower and top layer of leaves on a scrap piece of CS die cut them and adhered them. I stamped the sentiment and used the classic label punch. I finished the card off with a faceted gem in the centre of the flower.

The only thing I didn't do was to put a an insert into the card before I sent it. Lucky my Niece knows it was from me. 


The materials used are:
® = retired, (sab) = Sale-A-Bration (nsu) = not stampin’ up

Card stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, VersaMark
DSP: Modern Medley ® 
Stamp sets: Oh So Eclectic
Embossing powders: Clear
Thinlits: Eclectic Layers
Punches: Classic label
Accessories: Faceted Gems, Scoreboard, Taffeta Ribbon ®

Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment