Saturday 3 March 2018

Best Birds meet Express Yourself

I'm sitting in my craft room and need to put fingerless gloves on as my hands are so cold. It's minus 2 here in Walsall and the sky looks like there's a lot more snow to come.  Haven't been out since Wednesday and looks like another day in today. Hope tomorrow is warmer as I want to go over and make sure my Dad's ok.

I've had this stamp set a while now and this is the first time I've used it. I like that there's thinlits that go with it as I'm not a fan of fussy cutting. Can't get the knack of it no matter how many times I try.

Once I'd stamped the background I felt it was a bit flat so embossed it with of all things the the Seaside folder, thought it did the trick and just gave it a bit more lift so to speak!!

I love easy cards and this was definately one of those, a little stamping, a little die cutting, a little embossing and hey presto job done.

About to get on with the next card now, so hopefully see you soon.


The materials used are:

Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum
Ink: Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum
Stamp sets: Best Birds, Express Yourself ® 
Embossing folders: Seaside
Thinlits: Birds & blooms, Gift Card Envelope & Trims ® 
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Metallic Thread

® = retired, (nsu) = not stampin’ up
Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment