Saturday 8 September 2018

Birthday Girl

Well today is quite a dull day and the forecast say's it's also going to be wet. We're hoping for slightly better weather as tonight we're at my cousin's Wedding reception which is being held out doors in an adventure park.

I should have blogged this card before the last one as this little angels birthday is a few days before her sisters, but I had a senior moment and swapped the blog posts! Oh my, getting old.

The card it's self is made mostly of retired products but sometimes you get an idea in your head and just have to go for it (which happened in this case).

I'm sure you could come up with something similar using what's in the current catalogue as a starting point. 

The base base card is NSU as I like to use scalloped edging sometimes. With the background I started with two strips of card stock and a piece of the 17/8 In Colors paper stack, then using a mat of whisper white I stamped the cake in various colours and then die cut the number 8  from the 'Large Numbers' framelits and placed it on top of the cake using dimensionals. Next I stamped and die cut the 'TH' from the 'Number of Years' stamp set and die cut it using the same framelits I used for the number. Using a strip of card I stamped the happy and birthday also from the 'Number of Years' set, then cut them at either side with a pair a snips. Added some tinsel trim at the edge and that's it.



The materials used are:
® = retired, (sab) = Sale-A-Bration (nsu) = not stampin’ up

Stamps: Build a Birthday ®, Number of years ® Colours: Berry Burst, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink,Whisper White DSP: In Colors 17/8 Framelits: Large Numbers ®, Accessories: Love Mini Tinsel Trim ® 

Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment