Sunday 2 June 2019

Twinkle Twinkle meets Animal Outing new baby

Well today I was just looking back over some of my previous blogs and came across this one I was supposed to post back in January!!! would you believe. But somehow it got lost in the list and wasn't put up, but i like it, so decided to post it today. Hope you like it, I've left it as it would have gone up except for this paragraph.

Our family has become a little bigger today, my cousin's wife has just delivered a beautiful baby boy into the family and everyone is so happy for them.

As we knew she was having a boy I was able to get the card done a couple of weeks ago and after looking through my stamp sets for new babies I decided on using this one as the others seemed to be a bit dated now.  I'd seen it on Pinterest and CASd it (sorry I can't remember who's it is) but thank you.



To recreate this card follow the guide below:
cs = Card Stock, dsp = Designer Series Paper, ® = Retired

Start with a base card measuring 21 14.5cm scored at 10.5.
first layer is DSP measuring 9.7 x 13.7 and adhered straight down.
With some off cuts of whisper white and balmy blue stamp the Welcome, Kangaroo and Little one from the Animal Outings stamp set leaving room around each of them to do the die cutting.

Colour the kangaroo, I used my stampin' blends for this crumb cake and call me clover from my new blends as well as Ivory and nude from my old stash.
Using the Layering Circles for the soft foam scallop circle, Stitched Shapes for the two larger white circles, Stitched Labels for the little one circle and small heart. Wood Crate for the heart. All of these can be die cut at the same time.
Now die cut the Kangaroo using the Animal Friends dies.
Emboss the welcome circle and the larger circle using the Subtle folder.
Adhere the kangaroo to the larger circle using dimensional pads and ground him with a bit of colour.
Arrange the rest of the elements using a combination of wet glue and dimensional pads.
Add a ribbon.

Will be back again soon with more cards


Love Annette x



No comments:

Post a Comment